Teenager arrested after latest Ipswich stabbing released under investigation
- Credit: AMY GIBBONS
A 19-year-old man arrested after a teenager was stabbed in Ipswich last week has been released under investigation.
The 19-year-old, from Ipswich, was arrested on Sunday, August 26, on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
Police were called just before 8.10pm on Friday, August 24, to reports that a 19-year-old man had been attacked in the area of Cromer Road, near to the junction with Norwich Road.
Police have confirmed that the victim was attacked by “a group of three or more males”, and are treating the stabbing as targeted.
His injuries, including stab wounds, are not considered to be life-threatening.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for any witnesses to the incident, or people who were driving in the area with a dash cam fitted to their vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 48550/18.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively people can contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan