Man arrested after suspected GBH in Beyton which left woman in critical condition in hospital
A man has been arrested in connection with an incident where a woman was admitted to hospital last night with serious head injuries.
Suffolk police officers were called at around 10pm last night to reports that a woman in her early 50s had suffered serious injuries at a home in Thurston Road in Beyton.
She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by ambulance for treatment, and remains in a critical condition this morning.
A police spokesman this morning confirmed that a 55-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds had been arrested on suspicion of GBH last night, and remains at Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre this morning for questioning.
A cordon is in place at the home in Thurston Road where the incident took place.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have asked anyone who witnessed what happened or has information which may help police to contact them on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes