Man arrested after two robbery incidents, including on 85-year-old in Ipswich
A man from Ipswich has been arrested in connection with a robbery on an 85-year-old woman, and an attempted robbery.
The woman had her handbag stolen on the doorstep of her home in Geneva Road at around 2.20pm on Thursday, September 17.
The night before, at around 9pm, a 41-year-old woman was pushed against a fence in an alleyway between Bramford Road and Sproughton Road and an attempt was made to steal her handbag.
A 36-year-old man was arrested by Suffolk police yesterday.
He was taken into custody where he was interviewed in connection with both incidents and on suspicion of possession of a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to police on October 15 to allow further enquiries to be carried out.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn