Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following reports a woman was attacked at a property in Lowestoft.
Officers were called to an address in Victoria Road just after 11.35pm last night, Monday, September 9.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, when the officers arrived on scene they discovered a woman inside the property who had suffered a serious head injury.
He said: "She has been transported to Addenbrooke's Hospital via air ambulance and is in a critical condition."
A 59-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be questioned.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 54560/17.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143