Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- Credit: Archant
Cordons were in place at Ipswich Station after a man was arrested under suspicion of possessing a firearm.
An area outside the station and a platform was blocked off and people were being safely escorted into and out of the station.
British Transport Police said: "Officers were called to Ipswich Station at 4pm after a suspicious package was reported.
"The station was closed as a precaution while enquiries are ongoing and specialist officers assess the scene.
"Officers conducted a search of the station and nothing further was found."
The station has now reopened and train services are operating as normal.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 10 Town loanee Kenlock scores first professional goal on Colchester debut