Man arrested on suspicion of arson after house fire in Kelsale
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a house fire in Kelsale near Saxmundham.
Emergency services were called today at around 5.20pm to reports of a fire at a terraced house in Low Road.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said on arrival crews found that the roofspace of adjoining homes has been smokelogged.
He added that crews from Saxmundham, Aldeburgh and Leiston were sent to the scene and put out the fire using hose reel jets.
A stop was called by firefighters at around 6.50pm.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said a 23-year-old man was detained within minutes of officers arriving on scene.
She said he had been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and arson endangering life and has been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 10 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
If you have any information that could assist officers in their investigation call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD306 of today.