Man arrested on suspicion of arson after house fire in Kelsale
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a house fire in Kelsale near Saxmundham.
Emergency services were called today at around 5.20pm to reports of a fire at a terraced house in Low Road.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said on arrival crews found that the roofspace of adjoining homes has been smokelogged.
He added that crews from Saxmundham, Aldeburgh and Leiston were sent to the scene and put out the fire using hose reel jets.
A stop was called by firefighters at around 6.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said a 23-year-old man was detained within minutes of officers arriving on scene.
She said he had been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and arson endangering life and has been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 7 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
If you have any information that could assist officers in their investigation call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD306 of today.