Man released under investigation following arrest in connection with stabbing incident in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with a stabbing in east Suffolk at the weekend has been released under investigation by police.
Police were called to reports of two men fighting in London Road, Halesworth, at around 11.15pm on Sunday night.
One man suffered multiple stab wounds and was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to hospital in the early hours of Monday morning.
It is understood he was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, with injuries not thought to be life-threatening..
A man, believed to be in his late 20s and from the Halesworth area, was arrested on suspicion of wounding following the serious assault.
Suffolk Constabulary said he had been released under investigation on Monday afternoon.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said paramedics were called to an incident in Halesworth at 11.47pm on Sunday.
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 8 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 9 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 10 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
“An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and Suffolk Accident and Rescue Service attended,” they added.
“A man with a back injury was taken to James Paget Hospital. His injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.”