Man arrested for cemetery rape
A 23-year-old man has been arrested following an allegation of rape in a north Suffolk town.
A MAN has been arrested after an 18-year-old woman was allegedly raped in a cemetery.
The teenager is thought to have been on a night out in Beccles and was walking through the cemetery in London Road when she suffered the alleged attack.
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday.
A police spokesman said: “A 23-year-old male from the Beccles area who was arrested on suspicion of rape has been released on police bail to return to Lowestoft Police Station on January 28 2009.
“This follows an allegation from an 18-year-old female who reported that she had been the subject of a serious sexual assault at around 2am on November 29, in London Road, Beccles.”
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking