Murder probe launched after man dies in crash with van
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man died after being hit by a van following a fight on Friday night.
Essex Police said they were called shortly after 11pm to reports of a crash in The Street, in Little Clacton.
Officers attended the scene with paramedics but the victim, who was in his 40s, died.
Essex Police believe there had been a fight near the Blacksmiths Arms pub prior to the collision.
The van is believed to have been a grey or silver Ford Transit and reportedly drove off in the direction of Morrisons and Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
A short while later, a 41-year-old man from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and taken into custody, where he remains.
Part of The Street remains cordoned off while police conduct their investigation.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
Police have asked anyone with information regarding the incident to come forward, quoting reference 1341 of Friday, February 7.