Man arrested on suspicion of drug driving after car spins out of control on A11 near Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving after a car span out of control and collided with a crash barrier on the A11 at Newmarket this morning,
Police were called at around 6.40am today, Saturday, November 11, to the crash at the junction with the A1304 southbound.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, no one has been injured in the crash although an ambulance crew were sent to the scene as a precaution.
He said: “A single vehicle has spun out and hit a barrier on the A11.
“A 10m section of grating has been dislodged.
You may also want to watch:
“There is minor damage to the roadside structure.
“The vehicle has now been removed.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
“One man has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving and other vehicle defect offences.”
He added police have not needed to close the road while officers work at the scene.