Man arrested on suspicion of drug driving released following head-on crash on A140 at Brome, near Eye
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on suspicion of drug driving after a two-car crash on the A140 this morning has been released under investigation.
Police were called at 3.58am to the incident at Brome and five Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service vehicles, the East of England Ambulance Service and a volunteer medic from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service also attended.
The two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision and one of the drivers was trapped and had to be cut free from the vehicle by fire crews.
The male driver of one of the vehicles was arrested on suspicion of drug driving and was taken to Great Yarmouth Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police have said that he was released under investigation while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The other driver, also male, was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The road reopened at 7.15am after being closed for more than three hours.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move