Man arrested on suspicion of perverting course of justice in Corrie McKeague case is bailed
- Credit: Archant
Police have bailed a 26-year-old man arrested by police on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice in connection with the Corrie McKeague investigation.
The man, who was arrested this morning, was questioned over information provided to the investigation but has now been released on bail until April 13.
Police have said he is not the driver of the bin lorry which collected refuse from the area where Corrie was last seen.
He is also not related to the 23-year-old, they added.
Detectives will not be giving any further details at this time, as work to discover what happened to Corrie continues.
Preparatory work is continuing on a landfill site at Milton ahead of a police search which is now likely to start in the next seven days.
Work is being carried out to move a large volume of bulk material and to build access routes to allow the search to get underway.
Police are also now issuing footage of the two remaining individuals who were seen on foot in the Brentgovel Street ‘horseshoe’ area around the time of the last confirmed sighting of Corrie.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
Both are potential witnesses as they were seen in the vicinity between 3.20am and 5.20am on September 24. Still images of both have previously been issued by Suffolk police.
Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said: “We are continuing to make progress on the investigation and we will be starting the landfill site search as soon as the preparatory work is complete.
“We have been carrying out a lot of enquiries behind the scenes and our work continues to find the truth about what happened to Corrie.”
• Any information relating to Corrie’s disappearance or about the potential witnesses should be passed to the incident room on 01473 782019. Alternatively you can call 101 and ask to speak to the team