Man assaulted with baseball bats and machete in ‘targeted attack’ by gang of four
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was attacked by a group of four men wielding deadly weapons in Ipswich.
Officers were called to the junction of Dombey Road and Dickens Road at around 12.55pm on Sunday, May 27 to reports of an assault.
In what is believed to be a targeted attack, a man was assaulted with baseball bats and a machete by four males who were riding in a white Mercedes.
The victim needed hospital treatment after receiving cuts to his right thumb, left foot and right calf.
The driver of the Mercedes is described as a white male, 5ft 10in tall, of average build with short, mousy brown hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and dark jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Another man was described as wearing a black t-shirt with a white panel containing wording on the back. A third suspect was wearing a black t-shirt and was carrying a black pole similar in size to a baseball bat.
After the attack it is believed the Mercedes was driven towards London Road where it turned right.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
Officers are appealing to anyone who has information relating to the incident to contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/28925/18. Alternatively, they can call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.