Man attacked and robbed from behind in Metfield, Suffolk after stopping for Renault parked across road
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2012
A motorist was attacked and robbed in the middle of a country road in Suffolk, police have said.
The man, aged in his 30s, was driving his black Ford Mondeo when he came across a Renault car which had stopped in the middle of Fressingfield Road, Metfield.
After waiting for the car to move out of the way, he got out and started walking towards it. At the same time, a man got out of the other car and walked towards him.
The victim was then pushed from behind by another person and pushed up against the Renault by the two suspects. He was punched and struck on the head with an object which left him dazed, Suffolk Constabulary said.
The suspects stole a quantity of cash from his wallet and drove off towards Fressingfield. The victim suffered minor injuries and was taken to hospital for a check-up.
The incident took place at around 5.10am yesterday. The victim was driving from the direction of Metfield towards Fressingfield.
The Renault is believed to be dark in colour.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 7 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
To help police, call 101, quoting reference 60101/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.