Man attacked and robbed in alleyway close to Pier Avenue in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating reports a man was robbed in Clacton believe his attackers assaulted and stole cash from him in an alleyway.
Detectives said a man in his 50s reported being attacked after withdrawing money from an ATM in Magdalen Road on Saturday, at around 12.15am.
He was approached by two men as he walked through an alleyway near Barnes House in Pier Avenue, they added, where the pair assaulted him.
They also stole a three-figure sum of cash from him and the victim was left with facial injuries.
Police are keen for witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
To help, call Ds Dan Jeffries at Clacton CID quoting reference 42/8712/18.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm