Man attacked by group of men armed with a metal pole in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was attacked by a gang of young men armed with a metal pole in Bury St Edmunds.
The assault happened at around 6.45pm on Friday, December 22, in a park area near Hodson Close on the Howard Estate.
A police spokesman said: “The victim, a male in his mid 40s, was assaulted by a group of young males with a metal pole.”
One of the suspects is described as white, with blond hair, around 5ft 4ins tall and aged in his late teens.
During the attack the victim suffered a cut and bruising to his face.
You may also want to watch:
He was later taken to hospital for a check-up as a precaution.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious behaviour or has knowledge of the incident should contact Bury St Edmunds police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/81032/17.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.