Man attacked with knife during Haverhill pursuit
A man was left with cuts to his head believed to have been caused by a small knife after being attacked in Haverhill yesterday.
The victim, 37-year-old man, was attacked at around 6.20pm in Chalkstone Way, close to Coupals Close.
Following a dispute at a property in Pipers Close, the victim rode off on a bicycle down an alleyway leading to Chalkstone Way and was pursued by the offender who was on foot.
During the pursuit, the victim collided with two children walking with their mother, before coming off his bike.
One of the children was on foot and the other in a buggy and both sustained minor injuries as a result.
You may also want to watch:
The victim and suspect then ran down Chalkstone Way before bringing a passing car to a stop as they fought with each other.
The suspect left the scene and police were called.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
The victim was taken to hospital where he received treatment for superficial cuts to the head, believed to have been caused by a small knife.
Anyone who witnessed this incident, or anyone with any information, is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting reference HH/15/2480, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.