Man bailed after armed police drama
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been released on bail today after he was arrested
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been released on bail today after he was arrested by armed officers in Ipswich.
The man was detained as the came out of the Station Hotel public house, opposite Ipswich railway station last night.
The drama unfolded at about 7pm after police received reports of a man spotted with a gun outside the railway station.
Armed police officers were immediately dispatched to the scene outside the Station Hotel pub where the man was thought to be.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the armed unit, dog handlers and the Suffolk police helicopter were deployed in response to the incident.
The man was later detained by armed officers at the scene as he left the Station Hotel pub.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
A Suffolk police spokesman last night said a man had been arrested for criminal damage and was being questioned at Ipswich police station.
The spokesman said no shots were fired and no one was hurt during the incident.
The man has been bailed to return to Ipswich police station on July 21.
The latest incident is the second time this week armed officers have been deployed to help detain men believed to be armed in Suffolk.
On Tuesday night armed officers were called to Haverhill to help search for wanted man Robert Inman.
Two men were arrested following the three-county manhunt after police officers were held at gunpoint and their van stolen.
It is thought he then held a member of the public at gunpoint to obtain a silver Volkswagen, which was found abandoned in the west Suffolk town.
Inman is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates court this morning.
The Station Hotel public house were unavailable for comment today.
n. Did you witness the drama? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com