Man bailed after gala attack
A 20-year-old man has been bailed after an assault at a popular summer gala in a historic Suffolk market town.
The attack happened at the Framlingham Gala around 11pm on Friday night.
Officers on patrol found a man in his 20s with a head injury on Castle Street and he was treated by paramedics.
A 20-year-old man from Saxmundham was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and was taken into custody at Lowestoft police station.
He was later released on police bail and must return to Lowestoft police station on July 9.
You may also want to watch:
Around 200 people were at the festival and officers want to hear from anyone who was in the area and may have any information.
Calls should be made to Suffolk Coastal CID on 01473 613500.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence