Man bailed following fatal crash in Assington which killed Essex man
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man arrested following a fatal road crash in Assington yesterday evening has been released on bail.
A Red Vauxhall Corsa had overturned and gone into a ditch along the A134 at 7.55pm.
An 18-year-old man from Southend, Essex, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Three other men were freed from the car and taken to West Suffolk Hospital for treatment, but their injuries were not serious.
An 18-year-old man from Berkshire was subsequently arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return on Friday May 29 pending further enquiries.
The road remained closed until 4.45am for police investigations.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the red Corsa prior to it is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 391 of March 23.