Man charged with murder over death of 12-year-old boy outside school in Essex
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with murder and ten charges of attempted murder after a 12-year-old boy was killed in a hit-and-run outside an Essex school.
Terence Glover, 51, of Newmans Lane, will appear before magistrates in Chelmsford charged in connection with a fatal collision in Willingale Road in Loughton, Essex, outside Debden Park High School, shortly before 3.20pm on Monday, December 2.
Harley Watson, 12, died in hospital later that afternoon.
The ten charges of attempted murder relate to one woman, six boys and three girls aged between 12 and 23 who were also injured in the collision.
Harley's family paid tribute to their "good, kind, helpful and lovely boy" earlier this week.
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Rob Kirby said: "I would like to thank the local community for all the help they have given us since this tragic event on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
"So many people have come forward to give us information.
"I would however like to continue to urge anyone who has not contacted us but may have information which could help our investigation to contact us on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault