Man charged with murder over death of 12-year-old boy outside school in Essex
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with murder and ten charges of attempted murder after a 12-year-old boy was killed in a hit-and-run outside an Essex school.
Terence Glover, 51, of Newmans Lane, will appear before magistrates in Chelmsford charged in connection with a fatal collision in Willingale Road in Loughton, Essex, outside Debden Park High School, shortly before 3.20pm on Monday, December 2.
Harley Watson, 12, died in hospital later that afternoon.
The ten charges of attempted murder relate to one woman, six boys and three girls aged between 12 and 23 who were also injured in the collision.
Harley's family paid tribute to their "good, kind, helpful and lovely boy" earlier this week.
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Rob Kirby said: "I would like to thank the local community for all the help they have given us since this tragic event on Monday.
"So many people have come forward to give us information.
"I would however like to continue to urge anyone who has not contacted us but may have information which could help our investigation to contact us on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important