Man charged after drugs raid
A MAN has been charged with the cultivation of cannabis after police uncovered a substantial quantity of plants.
Abdul Malik, 33, of Ipswich, is due to appear at Ipswich Magistrates Court today.
Officers made the find when they raided Jamil’s Koh-i-Noor in Crown Street.
They carried out a search warrant at the premises on Tuesday and found what is said to be a substantial quantity of cannabis plants.
It is understood the plants were at various stages of growth.
You may also want to watch:
Police returned to the premises yesterday to continue investigating.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day