Man charged after fatal crash
A MAN has been charged with causing death by careless driving, following the death of a 53-year-old.
The fatal collision, which took place in Littlebury Green, near Saffron Walden, on September 11, 2009, happened when a Vauxhall Corsa and a VW Gold struck each other.
As a result of the crash, the Golf left the road and struck two men who were carrying out maintenance work on a street sign adjacent to the road.
Gerald Thorn, of Little Walden Road, Saffron Walden, was certified dead at the scene, his colleague was treated at hospital.
The car drivers were not injured.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man from Saffron Walden was charged last week and has been bailed to appear at Harlow Magistrates’ Court on June 16.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club