Leiston man charged after gun fired towards home
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been charged following a firearms incident in Suffolk which ended in a police chase.
Officers were called on May 30 at 11.45pm to reports that gunshots had been heard in Old Foundry Place, Leiston.
It is understood four people approached a house and a firearm was discharged towards the front door of the property.
Nobody was harmed as a result, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The four people left the scene in a silver Volvo C70 car and drove off in the direction of the A12.
You may also want to watch:
Officers pursued the vehicle from the A12 near Bredfield.
The car stopped in the Ravenswood Avenue area of Ipswich and two occupants ran away.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
One man, believed to be the driver, was located nearby and detained by officers.
Jake Bristol, 46, of Valley Road, Leiston, has today been charged for attempted burglary with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, for dangerous driving and for driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the specified limit.
Bristol is due appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.