Man charged for possession of a weapon after incident at Bury railway station
One man has been charged a second remains in custody after an incident took place at Bury St Edmunds Railway Station on Thursday.
Police stopped and searched two men shortly before 1pm on Thursday, July 11 with the station in Station Hill.
One of the two men then resisted arrest and ran onto the railway tracks.
Trains were suspended temporarily while officers went to deal with the incident.
They detained a man who was found to be in possession of a machete.
You may also want to watch:
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and an 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife/bladed article and aggravated burglary in connection with a separate incident.
Both men were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 6 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
Aaron Neziri, 18, of no fixed address, has subsequently been charged with possession of a knife/ bladed article. He was remanded and was due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates' Court on Friday, July 12.
A 22-year-old man, who remains in police custody, has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of four further offences: actual bodily harm, grievous bodily harm, aggravated burglary and trespassing on a railway.