Man charged following Tendring car assault
- Credit: Archant
A person has been charged after a 26-year-old man was reportedly assaulted inside a Ford Fiesta in Thorpe-le-Soken.
Danny Granville, 31, of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with attempting to cause grievous bodily harm, dangerous driving, failing to stop after an accident and failing to report an accident.
The victim was reported to have been assaulted inside a silver Ford Fiesta as it drove from Gorse Lane industrial estate in Clacton to Sneating Hall Lane, Thorpe-le-Soken, between 4pm and 4.40pm on Tuesday, May 15.
Granville appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, May 17 and is next due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on June 14.
Witnesses to the incident are asked to contact DC Keith Hewitt at Clacton CID on 101 quoting reference 42/67426/18.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, people can contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions