Man charged and another arrested over Colchester fight
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm after an incident in Colchester where a 29-year-old was hit by a car.
Essex Police were called to Ipswich Road in Colchester on Monday, August 24, shortly after 11.25pm to reports of a fight and a car colliding with three men.
The 29-year-old man was taken to hospital with multiple injuries and the other two men had left the scene by the time police arrived.
One of the men has since been identified and arrested on suspicion of affray and assaulting an emergency worker.
The 28-year-old, of no fixed address, remains in custody for questioning while police continue their enquiries to find the third man – who they believe may be injured.
You may also want to watch:
Stirling Rose, 29, of St Peter’s Street, Colchester, has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Thursday, August 27).
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
- 10 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear