Man, 18, charged following Stowmarket street disturbance
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been charged with assaulting a police officer following a street disturbance in Stowmarket.
Three people, including a 16-year-old boy, were arrested in connection with the incident at Hillside in the Combs Ford area of the town on Tuesday evening.
Leo Jones, 18, of Hillside, was arrested on Wednesday afternoon and has been charged with assaulting a constable in the execution of his duty.
He has been bailed to appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on August 20.
Leon Jones, 41, has also been charged with using threatening words and behaviour in connection with the incident.
He has been bailed and will also appear before Ipswich magistrates on August 20.
The 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of public order offences and obstructing a police officer.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 6 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
He has since been released under investigation.