Man, 18, charged following Stowmarket street disturbance
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been charged with assaulting a police officer following a street disturbance in Stowmarket.
Three people, including a 16-year-old boy, were arrested in connection with the incident at Hillside in the Combs Ford area of the town on Tuesday evening.
Leo Jones, 18, of Hillside, was arrested on Wednesday afternoon and has been charged with assaulting a constable in the execution of his duty.
He has been bailed to appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on August 20.
Leon Jones, 41, has also been charged with using threatening words and behaviour in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed and will also appear before Ipswich magistrates on August 20.
The 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of public order offences and obstructing a police officer.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
He has since been released under investigation.