Newmarket man charged with assaulting 15-year-old girl
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been charged on suspicion of assaulting a teenage girl in Suffolk.
Iftikhar Ali, of New Cheveley Road in Newmarket, was charged on Thursday with common assault.
The 47-year-old was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
It follows an incident on June 25 in which a 15-year-old girl was assaulted in Princess Way, Newmarket.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The victim was shaken but unhurt in the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Ali has been released from police custody and bailed to appear before magistrates in Ipswich on July 23.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights