Man charged with careless driving after Maldon crash leaves child seriously injured
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been charged in connection with a crash in Essex which left a four-year-old girl with serious injuries.
A blue BMW was reported to have collided with a number of vehicles in King Street, Maldon, before hitting the child on Sunday.
Two men were arrested at the scene.
Joseph Oliver, 29, of Witham Road, Wickham Bishops, has been charged with careless driving and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
He was due to appear before Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man who was also arrested has been told he will face no further action in relation to a number of driving offences.
He was also arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a Class B drug and has been released under investigation in connection with this.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
The girl remains in hospital with serious injuries, a spokesman for Essex Police confirmed.
Officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses to come forward.
The police spokesman added: “We’d like to thank the witnesses who have come forward so far but we still want to speak to anyone who saw the BMW in the moments leading up to the collision or anyone who may have CCTV or dash cam footage.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting incident 1083 of June 24 or email email@example.com.