Man charged with burglary of Leiston Co-op to appear in court
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear at Ipswich Crown Court next month charged with burglary and conspiracy to burgle the Co-op at Leiston.
Jamie Channon, 40, appeared before magistrates in Ipswich on Thursday via video link from Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Channon, of Chadfields, Tilbury, Essex, is charged in connection with a burglary at the Co-op Solar Store in Sizewell Road, which happened on October 14 around 2am.
No application was made for bail and Channon, who spoke only to confirm his name and date of birth, was remanded in custody at Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
Conspiracy is an indictable-only offence and must be heard at the crown court and magistrates agreed that the burglary charge - an either-way offence - would also be heard at the crown court next month.
You may also want to watch:
Channon entered no plea and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on December 5.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence