Halstead man charged with head-butting a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with head-butting a police officer following an incident in Halstead.
James Parkes, 51, of Cutting Drive, has been charged with assaulting a police officer and three counts of using threatening and abusive behaviour.
He is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, July 17,
A spokesman for Essex Police said that the East of England Ambulance Service had been called to Cutting Drive at around 11pm on Saturday, June 16, after receiving reports that a woman was suffering breathing difficulties.
Officers had attended the incident following reports a man had become abusive to ambulance staff when they arrived at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that the police officer was uninjured as a result of the alleged assault,
He said: “We attended and an officer reported that the man head-butted him, causing no injury.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week