Man charged with murder
POLICE last night charged a man with murder following the death of an 18-year-old woman in a Suffolk village.The body of Rebecca Rice, of The Street, Pettistree, near Wickham Market, was discovered at around 2pm on Sunday.
POLICE last night charged a man with murder following the death of an 18-year-old woman in a Suffolk village.
The body of Rebecca Rice, of The Street, Pettistree, near Wickham Market, was discovered at around 2pm on Sunday.
The alarm was raised after police received a call leading to concerns for Ms Rice's welfare, and they immediately launched a murder probe after the find at an address in the village's Main Road.
Last night 33-year-old Stuart Adcock, of The Street, Pettistree, was charged with murder following his arrest on Sunday afternoon by Norfolk police in Winterton-on-Sea, near Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
He was initially taken to Great Yarmouth police station but was later transferred to Suffolk for further questioning.
He was being held in custody in Lowestoft last night and is due to appear before magistrates in the town this morning.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning
Ms Rice's parents, who live in the Letheringham area, near Wickham Market, were too upset to speak to the EADT last night.
It is thought the address where her body was discovered - a Grade II-listed two-bedroom flat, in The White House, Main Road - had only been rented out for the past few weeks.
Two uniformed officers guarded the scene yesterday while the property remained cordoned off with police tape as one unmarked and two marked police cars sat outside.
The discovery of her body left the residents of Pettistree in shock as they struggled to come to terms with what had happened.
Scenes of crime officers immediately cordoned off the road on Sunday afternoon while forensic experts investigated the circumstances surrounding the teenager's death.
Police last night refused to reveal details of how Ms Rice was killed or whether a weapon had been recovered.
The results of a post mortem, which was carried out yesterday, are due to be announced this morning.