Man charged with sexual assault and slavery offences after car wash investigation in Essex
- Credit: citizenside.com
A man has been charged with sexual assault and slavery offences following an investigation into alleged offences at a car wash in north-east Essex.
Rexha Kujtin, 43, of Jeffreys Road, Braintree, was charged and appeared at Colchester Magistrates Court yesterday, Essex Police said.
He was charged with two counts of rape against an 18-year-old woman and three counts of slavery in relation to three men, two aged in their 20s and one in their 30s, who were made to work at the car wash in Colchester Road, Little Bentley.
The four victims are all believed to have come from Romania.
Kujtin entered no plea and has been remanded to appear before Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, July 27.
You may also want to watch:
Senior investigating officer detective chief inspector John Ross, of Essex Police, said: “Essex Police take allegations of human trafficking extremely seriously and we need to protect and support the vulnerable victims of these offences.
“If anyone else has been a victim of this type of offence or knows that it is going on please contact us as soon as possible.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
People with any information about these offences are asked to call Essex Police on 101. They can also contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously with information on 0800 555 111.