Man charged with convenience store robberies and weapons offences in Suffolk and North Essex
- Credit: Archant
A 28-year-old man has been charged with spate of robberies and attempted robberies at convenience stores in North Essex and Suffolk - including in Colchester, Clacton and Ipswich
Danny Wrenn, of Saddleworth Road, Romford, was arrested on Sunday, April 8, and has now been charged with five robberies and three attempted robberies, as well as seven counts of possession of a knife or bladed article in a public place and one count of possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
Wrenn has been charged with robberies at the Premier Store in Hythe Quay, Colchester, on April 5, the Co-op store in Coopers Lane, Clacton, on April 2, and the Co-op store in Broadway, Silver End, on April 4.
Wrenn has also been charged with robberies at TN News in Baddow Road, Chelmsford, on April 3, and at the Co-op store in Stock Road, Billericay, on April 6.
He was also charged with attempted robberies of the Co-op in Laburnum Close, Ipswich, on April 5, and the Appans Superstore in Kiln Road, Benfleet, on March 30.
You may also want to watch:
Wren is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court today, Tuesday, April 10.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 3 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 9 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash