Man charged with two knife-point robberies in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
A 37-year-old man has been charged in connection with two knife-point robberies in Clacton.
Essex police were called at around 12.35pm on Saturday, November 4, to reports of a robbery at Best One, in High Street, and then to a report of another robbery in Coral, in Station Road, at 5.20pm.
A police spokesman said the suspect had fled the scene with a three-figure sum of cash.
A man was arrested in Pier Avenue at around 10.15pm the same day.
None of the victims were injured during the robberies.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Harrigan, 37, of Granville Road, Clacton, will appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court today charged with two counts of robbery and two counts of threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash