Man denies attempting to rob taxi driver
- Credit: ARCHANT
A man has denied attempting to rob a taxi driver in Essex near Christmas and will face a crown court trial.
Appearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday for a Plea and Trial Preparation Hearing (PTPH) was Albert Le Surf, 22, of Byng Crescent, Thorpe-le-Soken, who pleaded not guilty to attempted robbery.
The alleged incident happened in Carnarvon Road, Clacton, around 4.20am on Sunday, December 15.
It is alleged an attempt was made to steal the taxi driver's bag.
The trial has been placed in the warned list at Ipswich Crown Court for Monday, April 27, and is expected to last two days.
You may also want to watch:
Le Surf spoke only to confirm his personal details and enter his plea at the short hearing.
He was remanded in custody by Judge David Goodin.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
No bail application was made by the defence at the hearing.