Man dies after collision with bin lorry in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a collision involving a bin lorry in a cul-de-sac in Chelmsford this morning, police have said.
Emergency services were called to Osea Way, off Havengore in the Springfield area of the city, to reports of a collision involving a man and a bin lorry.
The man died at the scene after suffering multiple injuries, emergency services have confirmed.
An air ambulance was also called to the incident.
The road remains closed by police. An investigation has been opened by Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police said in a statement: “We are currently on scene at a fatal collision in Osea Way, Chelmsford.
“We were called at around 9.05am to reports of a collision involving a man and a bin lorry.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“Sadly the man died at the scene.
“Officers from our Serious Collision Investigation Unit are on scene and are investigating.
“The Health and Safety Executive is also on scene as is Chelmsford City Council.”
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said: “We were called at just after 9am, and dispatched several resources including the air ambulance.
“The patient had suffered multiple injuries, and sadly was declared deceased at the scene.”