Man dies after concert stabbing
A 38-YEAR-OLD man died from a stab wound after becoming involved in an argument during a family trip to a concert, police said tonight.
The man, from South Woodham Ferrers, was founded collapsed in a street in Southend on Saturday night.
He had attended Southend’s Concert in the Park, which featured The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
An Essex Police spokesman said the man became involved in an argument with a “number of other men”.
He said the man, who has not been named, died from a single stab wound to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim had attended the concert with his partner, her teenage children and some mutual adult friends,” the spokesman said.
“They did not witness the stabbing, which happened around the corner from where they were standing.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed