Man dies after crash in Lexden Road, Colchester
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A driver in his 70s has died following a car accident in Essex this morning.
The casualty, reported to be a local man, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident in Lexden Road, Colchester.
Officers were called at about 6.15am following reports that a black Ford Focus had collided with the roadside.
No other vehicles are thought to have been involved.
The road was closed until about 9am while the police carried out investigations.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the incident should contact the investigating officer Pc Natacha Hasler at Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview