Man dies after crash involving L-driver
AN ELDERLY man died after his three-wheeler was involved in a head-on crash with a driving school car on a roundabout yesterday .It is believed the man who died was driving his red Robin Reliant Rialto the wrong way round the A131/A1017 roundabout at High Garrett, Braintree.
AN ELDERLY man died after his three-wheeler was involved in a head-on crash with a driving school car on a roundabout yesterday .
It is believed the man who died was driving his red Robin Reliant Rialto the wrong way round the A131/A1017 roundabout at High Garrett, Braintree.
He was involved in a head-on crash with a silver-coloured Vauxhall Corsa driving instruction car at about 12.40pm. The Robin Reliant Rialto rolled over before coming to a halt.
A passing paramedic rescued the elderly man, thought to be in his late 70s or 80s, from his wrecked car. He had suffered a minor head injury and was in a state of cardiac arrest.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Ambulance spokeswoman said: “Crews used advanced life-saving techniques at the scene. Due to the serious nature of the patient's condition, the doctor followed the crew to hospital.
“Despite the best efforts of the crew and the doctor, however, the patient was declared dead shortly after arriving at Broomfield Hospital.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Sunday Snap! Kieron helps warm them up, team-mates reunited, Al Jolson and don't forget the Skids!
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
The Corsa was driven by a driving instructor, a 31-year-old man from Cressing. He was unhurt. His pupil, a 35-year-old woman from Braintree, suffered bruising to her chest but was not taken to hospital.
Essex Police closed the crash scene roundabout and the A120/A131 roundabout while emergency services dealt with accident, which caused lengthy traffic delays.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “We are appealing for witnesses to the crash or anyone who saw the Reliant prior to the crash.”
The elderly man is expected to be identified today . A post mortem examination to find out the cause of his death will be carried out next week.
Essex Ambulance Service sent two ambulances, a paramedic manager and a BASICS doctor to the scene. Essex Fire Service scrambled two Braintree fire engines and one from Colchester.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Christine Naiman at Bocking road policing unit on 01376 330722.