Man dies after crash involving L-driver
AN ELDERLY man died after his three-wheeler was involved in a head-on crash with a driving school car on a roundabout yesterday .It is believed the man who died was driving his red Robin Reliant Rialto the wrong way round the A131/A1017 roundabout at High Garrett, Braintree.
AN ELDERLY man died after his three-wheeler was involved in a head-on crash with a driving school car on a roundabout yesterday .
It is believed the man who died was driving his red Robin Reliant Rialto the wrong way round the A131/A1017 roundabout at High Garrett, Braintree.
He was involved in a head-on crash with a silver-coloured Vauxhall Corsa driving instruction car at about 12.40pm. The Robin Reliant Rialto rolled over before coming to a halt.
A passing paramedic rescued the elderly man, thought to be in his late 70s or 80s, from his wrecked car. He had suffered a minor head injury and was in a state of cardiac arrest.
An Essex Ambulance spokeswoman said: “Crews used advanced life-saving techniques at the scene. Due to the serious nature of the patient's condition, the doctor followed the crew to hospital.
“Despite the best efforts of the crew and the doctor, however, the patient was declared dead shortly after arriving at Broomfield Hospital.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important
The Corsa was driven by a driving instructor, a 31-year-old man from Cressing. He was unhurt. His pupil, a 35-year-old woman from Braintree, suffered bruising to her chest but was not taken to hospital.
Essex Police closed the crash scene roundabout and the A120/A131 roundabout while emergency services dealt with accident, which caused lengthy traffic delays.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “We are appealing for witnesses to the crash or anyone who saw the Reliant prior to the crash.”
The elderly man is expected to be identified today . A post mortem examination to find out the cause of his death will be carried out next week.
Essex Ambulance Service sent two ambulances, a paramedic manager and a BASICS doctor to the scene. Essex Fire Service scrambled two Braintree fire engines and one from Colchester.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Christine Naiman at Bocking road policing unit on 01376 330722.