Man dies after car comes off road into pond
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after his vehicle came off the road and crashed into a pond.
Suffolk police were called to the incident at 12.25pm on Friday, February 21 after receiving reports of an incident in Moulton Road, outside Gazeley Stud.
They arrived to find a blue Nissan Note which had come off the road and gone into a pond.
A 91-year-old man was pulled from the water and taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, where he sadly died yesterday (February 24).
He has now been named as Reginald Gardner, from Moulton, pending formal coroner's inquest proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for any witnesses, or anyone who saw a car matching the description above, in the area of the collision immediately prior to it, to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, quoting reference CAD 132 of 21 February on 101.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies