Man dies after incident outside club
A 46-year-old man has died following an incident outside a nightclub.
A 46-year-old man has died following an incident outside Chicago Rock Caf� in Norwich.
It happened at around 2.45am this morning on Prince of Wales Road, and the casualty was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 28 year old Norwich man has been arrested and is currently in custody awaiting questioning.
Detective Chief Inspector Mick Gent said: “The incident happened outside a nightclub at a time when many people are making their way home. I am appealing to anyone who saw the incident or knows any information to contact Norwich Police on 0845 456 4567.”
You may also want to watch:
Chief Superintendent Bob Scully added: “Our priority is to ensure the safety of people who want to enjoy a night out in Norwich.
“Incidents like these are rare and unpredictable and the city continues to be a safe place in which to live, work and socialise.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
“We have dedicated police patrols specifically targeting the night-time economy entertainment areas - these high-visibility patrols occur at times and in locations where they are needed most. Members of the public should feel confident knowing we continue to work in partnership with licensees and businesses in Norwich city centre to reduce crime even further.”