Man dies after St Osyth motorbike crash last night
- Credit: Tom Potter
A 34-year-old Colchester man has died after the motorbike he was a passenger was involved in a collision in Essex last night.
A Kawasaki motorcycle with a rider and pillion passenger on was involved in the collision on Beach Road, between the village of St Osyth and Seawick holiday park, just before 7pm.
Police and the ambulance service attended and two men were taken to hospital.
A short time later a man, believed to be the passenger, died.
The rider of the bike, a 36-year-old man from Colchester, remains in hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for around five hours to allow forensic collision work to be carried out.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit at Boreham on 101.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'