Man dies in flat blaze horror
By Annie DavidsonAN investigation was launched last night after a man died in a flat fire.Emergency services were called to Villa Road in Stanway just after 7pm yesterday following reports of a fire.
By Annie Davidson
AN investigation was launched last night after a man died in a flat fire.
Emergency services were called to Villa Road in Stanway just after 7pm yesterday following reports of a fire.
They found a man dead in the ground floor of a two-storey maisonette. His body was in a combined kitchen and sitting room, where the blaze was believed to have started in a settee.
You may also want to watch:
Police and ambulance crews arrived on the scene first before fire crews from Colchester were called in.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were sent into the maisonette, but the blaze was already out, although the building was heavily smoke-logged.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
Fire service investigators and police officers remained at the scene last night carrying out inquiries into the man's death.
An Essex Police spokesman said the fire was not being treated as of suspicious origin and added the dead man's identity would not be released until his next of kin had been informed.
An Essex Fire Service spokeswoman said: “We attended a fatal house fire in Stanway and an investigation into the cause will be carried out.”