Man dies in hospital almost four weeks after tree crash near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man has died in hospital after the car he was driving hit a tree near Bury St Edmunds last month, police have said.
The man, who has not been named, was involved in the collision near The Pound in Hawstead at around 11.20am on May 14.
Officers, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene after the reported single-vehicle crash.
The man was taken to West Suffolk Hospital. A female passenger involved in the collision was uninjured.
Today, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the man died in hospital on Tuesday from his injuries.
Witnesses to the collision are asked to call police on 101.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town