Man dies in roof collapse tragedy
A MAN has died after the roof of a building collapsed.Four other people rescued from the wreckage of the terraced property in West Bromwich have been taken to hospital but are not thought to have life-threatening injuries.
A MAN has died after the roof of a building collapsed.
Four other people rescued from the wreckage of the terraced property in West Bromwich have been taken to hospital but are not thought to have life-threatening injuries.
Police said the dead man was in his 30's and found on the ground floor, but no other details have been released as yet. The search goes on for others caught in the collapse.
The property involved is a three-storey building, with an estate agent on the ground floor, and residential addresses on two floors above.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman described the incident as a “catastrophic failure” of the roof. He added: “The roof has collapsed inwards, which has caused the floors below to pancake downwards towards the ground floor.”
The cause of the collapse is unknown.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour