Man dies after motorcycle crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has died after his bike collided with a metal sign post in Colchester.
The man, in his 20s, was found with serious head injuries following the crash which happened in Greenstead Road, near to the junction with Hythe Station Road, shortly after 4am yesterday morning.
The man’s family have been informed and are being supported by police officers.
Police, who were called to the scene by the East of England Ambulance Service at about 4.10am on Saturday, July 21, are investigating what happened and and would like to speak to a witness of the crash.
Since the Serious Collision Investigation Unit launched an appeal to speak to witnesses yesterday, three women who stopped to help in the aftermath of the incident have come forward. Police who would like to thank them for their help.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still keen to speak with a man, believed to be a taxi driver, who also witnessed the incident.
The man was driving a grey car, possibly a private hire taxi, and was described as black, with short cropped hair and a moustache. He spoke to ambulance staff with what was believed to be a foreign accent, and is thought to be between 35 and 45 years old.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
If this is you, or you know this witness, please contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit as soon as possible on 01245 240590 or email email@example.com.