Man dies on A12
AN investigation has been launched after a 35-year-old Essex man was killed in a car crash.
The accident happened near Stanway, just outside of Colchester, on the south bound carriageway of the A12 shortly after 9am.
A black Ford Galaxy struck a post and the 35-year-old driver, who is yet to be named, was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is believed that he may have fallen ill at the wheel but this will not be known for definite until a post mortem is completed.
It is understood that the man is from the Colchester area and although formal identification has been carried out his close relatives have not yet been told.
You may also want to watch:
A female passenger, and only other occupant, was uninjured.
A spokesman for Essex police said a post-mortem examination is due to be carried out at some stage next week.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 9 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
Officers closed the A12 in both directions between Stanway and Marks Tey for around four hours while paramedics dealt with the driver.
Anyone with information about the crash is urged to contact investigating officers at Stanway Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.