Police appeal after man dies suddenly in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man collapsed and died in Newmarket.
Police were called to on Old Station Road in Newmarket, just before 2.20pm this afternoon.
Despite the efforts of a member of the public and paramedics the man, thought to be in his 40s, was declared dead at the scene a short time later.
The road was closed for inquiries to be carried out.
The death is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who saw a man wearing dark jeans and with no top walking along Moulton Road towards Newmarket at around 2pm today (Monday August 10).
Anyone who thinks they may have seen the man should contact Suffolk police and quote CAD 241 of August 10 2020.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill